Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dark Night of the Soul




I've been thinking about death a lot lately. My grandmother's (Meme's)
health is rapidly declining. My only childhood friend that I still hang out with is losing her battle with cancer. It's so hard to see her body waste away. I still grieve over the baby we lost only months ago. Life is just so brief. So unpredictable. So many people suffer much. While I am really thankful for my life, being an adult hurts a lot more than I anticipated years ago. In college, the journey ahead looked more carefree and easy. In the past 5 years, I have lost much of my naiveté in the suffering that we have experienced as a couple. Having 2 miscarriages can either make me lock my heart away in fear or it can somehow purify me from it. If you can experience death with Christ as your guide, what else do you have to fear? Only more death for yourself or those you love? No, I am more than a conqueror in Christ. Even in death, Jesus is victorious. Even if God forbid, the Lord takes those closest to my heart, I would see them again in the next life... The one that will not end. So death, sting with all of your might now. Tears flow freely if you must. The day is coming when every knee will bow and every tongue will proclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord. Death will be no more. Jesus, God in the flesh, will wipe every tear from my eye.

This is why I am free to love and live today. Soon, this night will be no more. Even in the darkness, God will be my light.

Micah 7:7-10
7 But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. 8 Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me.

Revelations 21
21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” 5 And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."


- Posted by Anna using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Tradewinds Dr,Gautier,United States

No comments:

Pin This!