If you're having a hard time relating to the Christmas story this year...
- Rent a donkey for three days to experience travel "Mary & Joseph-style."
- Try walking around your neighborhood about fifty times- chances are you're not even close to the Bethlehem journey- approximately 100 miles one way.
- Strap a 20 lb. weight to your belly and walk around the mall- imagine being Mary in her 3rd trimester traveling so far away from home.
- Eat only bread and water for a few days- it's unlikely Mary and Joseph's food staples on the journey were as satisfying.
- Sleep outside underneath the stars one night- you could set up a lean-to shelter if needed ( no sleeping bags allowed).
- Recreate your own manger scene- share your bedroom with a few sheep and maybe a cow.
- Hang a spotlight over your bed for special effects- the Bethlehem star was big and bright, right?