Thursday, November 13, 2008

One Year Anniversary



"Rejoice not over me, O my enemy;
when I fall, I shall rise;

when I sit in darkness,
the Lord will be a light to me."
Micah 7:8




I realized this morning that it has almost been a complete year since we lost our first baby in a miscarriage. It's amazing how different things are only a year later. A year ago, I was a nurse on a busy pediatric floor and now I am staying at home learning how to truly be the helpmate God has called me to be. A year ago, we were heartbroken and trying desperately to understand why God would take our first child from us before we had barely had a chance to process the news that we were expecting. This year, Abby could come any day, and we are so excited about her imminent arrival. God has grown my faith so much in the past year as I have had to trust Him deeply in multiple situations of loss even when I did not understand or truly like His ways. I praise God that through my brokenness, He has cleansed me and led me closer to Him each day. I worship My Savior for His healing touch that can bind any wound and make even the most bitter moments beautiful with memories of His presence. I exalt God for His Holy Spirit that has comforted and guided me so diligently through gloomy days and darker nights until we could see the sun rise again. I praise God for His Word that remains steadfast and true and applicable for every year and every season of life.

"But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness
shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall."
Malachi 4:2

No comments:

Pin This!