At this point, how can you support us? Primarily, we need some crazy serious prayer warriors. Here's a quick list of things to pray for.
- Peripety Designs would support us financially. We've had a couple of contracts fall through this past week after investing a great deal of time in them. This has been disappointing and frustrating. Thankfully, the large majority of our clients have been terrific, but these bad apples can really hurt our family when the main source of income is web design now. Please pray that God would bring good business in so that we can pay bills and stay in the black during this time.
- Bryan and I would figure out how to live life now with our new schedules and responsibilities. It's been tricky learning how to work together full-time with our different quirks and needs. I think we are finding patterns that are beginning to click, but we would appreciate prayer in this area so we can be wise managers of our time and skills.
- Church Plant's Core Group- God would bind us together and make us one. We would love each other well and be missional in our community for the glory of Christ. Pray that God would help us all to be more effective in reaching out in our neighborhoods and making disciples for His name's sake.
- Church Plant Details- Bryan would have wisdom, direction, and clarity as he plans out the church plant and presents it to the different people we meet. Pray that God would provide wise, committed believers to join in our Core Group who are willing to serve and do life with us. Pray that God would bring believers and churches alongside us to support us with prayer and resources.
- Gautier- God would begin making a way for us to share to the many, many unchurched people here. Pray that God would grant our Core Group favor with the people here as we seek to live out the Gospel faithfully in our own contexts. Pray that God would send forth workers into this great harvest. So few really have heard the Gospel here and have seen it lived out in a way that matters. Pray that God would burden our Core Group with great love and compassion for the people around us so that we will minister to them out of joy instead of out of guilt or arrogance.
Curious person-"So, what are you guys doing now?"
Me-"Church planting in Gautier."
Curious person- *Awkward Silence*
At that point, I know I am being sized up. Understandibly, the person is probably considering our age, our lack of financial resources, the completely crazy task of starting something new when so many churches are out there willing to give us a salary now, or something else. I know. This is insane.
Here's what it comes down to. I KNOW Bryan and I don't have what it takes to church plant. If it all depends on how talented, creative, or resourceful we are, the mission will fail. I DO know God has called us to do it. It all comes down to realizing that God is much bigger than us and knowing that if we are going to church plant here in Gautier it has to happen in God's strength and power... not ours.
Every time I begin to struggle and wonder what in the world we have started to do... this song plays somewhere. I feel like it is God reminding me over and over again through the music who He is. That is enough. Who I am really doesn't matter in the end. I'm simply called to be obedient. It is up to God to plant a church as Bryan and I work through Him Here's the song... enjoy.