Friday, January 28, 2011

The Details Matter

It's late, and I do not have the time to search for the perfect photo to emphasize this blog post. Forgive me? Here's what is on my mind. I'm reading through Exodus right now, and these verses really struck me.

"When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them by way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near. For God said, “Lest the people change their minds when they see war and return to Egypt.” But God led the people around by the way of the wilderness toward the Red Sea." Exodus 13:17-18 (ESV)

Considering all the people of Israel had been through to this point, you might overlook these verses, but I think they are very telling of the nature of God.

If you are suffering right now, grieving over a loss you can't heal, or just need to know that God is indeed loving, notice how gently God shepherded His people. He chose the route of their delivery with their well-being in mind. He didn't choose the easiest path- rather the way that would help them trust in Him more. If God seems distant or if His choice of delivery from your life's circumstances seems poor, know that He has your well-being in mind. He wants you to love Him more- He want you to be secure and safe in Him. Even the things we don't understand are for our good and His glory- so the nations will know Jesus. God does care about you... Deeply.

I'm reminding myself this today. Yes, God, You love me and have a plan for me in the midst of so much I don't understand. I trust in You.

- Posted by Anna using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Pin This!