Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Bryan!

This has probably been one of the worst birthday weeks Bryan has ever had.

Seriously.

His wife gets a horrible case of the flu and is down for the count. Mostly bed-ridden for days.
She can't cook, clean, care for their kid, do laundry... nothing. She's too dizzy to walk more than a few feet and too weak to sit up for more than a few hours. She's too out of it to even remember when her next medication dose will be. It's all on you. Happy Birthday.

Instead of sipping a full glass of OJ in the recliner and staying in a separate room with a can or two of Lysol, Bryan tirelessly served me while I was sick. While I have felt guilty enough for both of us for being down for so long, Bryan didn't complain or treat me with resentment. He was loving and patient. He worked HARD.

Today, I'm not back to 100% but I am able to celebrate Christmas Eve today with our families and to celebrate Bryan's birthday with him. Because he gave me the chance to rest, I am so much better than I was a few days ago. Yay!

Bryan... When I married you 4 and a half years ago, that was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I respect you so much Bryan and am so thankful that I married you! You are a great husband and the best daddy! Happy, happy birthday! I wish every pastor was like you. If they were, I think pastor's wives would be a whole lot nicer and their kids wouldn't go AWAL. You are the kind of guy I hope Abby finds one day. I'm glad you are mine. (Back off ladies *warning eye*).


No comments:

Pin This!