Friday, March 11, 2011

Thoughts after Day 1 of Acts29 Dallas Bootcamp

It's late, and we have an early morning.  I wanted to check in about our first day at the Acts 29 bootcamp.  It has been everything I had hoped it would be and more.  Worshiping with 600 other believers and being fed the Word by heroes of the Christian faith right now has been amazing.  The first session of worship my eyes were so blurry with tears of joy that I could hardly see the stage.  It is an unforgettable experience to be surrounded by that many voices singing out their hearts to Jesus.  Today was like walking into a paradise retreat after spending a few years in the desert.  It was refreshing and satisfying.  There were tons of people that looked just like me.  Tattered blue jeans, plaid shirts... Just normal people that love Jesus.  It was nice to finally feel like you belong.  Normally, at adult ministry conferences, I think we look more like the youth guys than the pastoral staff.  Not here.  Both young and old embrace being contextual to your culture, and it has been liberating to see and experience.  God is really speaking to us, and I feel like it is bringing Bryan and I even closer together.  On a side note, I've been fighting a cough all week that is just getting worse.  We had to go to an urgent care clinic tonight, and I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia.  Pray that the antibiotics work quickly, so I can enjoy the rest of the conference.  I'm exciting about what God is doing in our lives.  Tonight, I am so thankful that life has brought us here.  It's a good place to be.

No comments:

Pin This!