Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Joy of the LORD is My Strength


The last 2 days have been hard days with Abby. Thursday, her tummy gave her fits all day and night long, and yesterday, we had her 2 month vaccinations. No fun. Cranky baby= Tired Mom.
However, on a bright note, the doctor increased her dose of Zantac and put her on Reglan to try to help her tummy problems settle down. Since the last 2 days have been so hectic with Abby, I am exhausted in every way. I almost skipped my quiet time this morning to catch up on chores once I got Abby settled down for her nap (her first "real" nap in 2 days), but I am so glad I didn't. Here are some verses that I found that speak to the weary- just in case you are weary too.

  • Isaiah 40:31 "But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
  • Galatians 6:9 "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."
  • Psalm 68:35 "Awesome is God from his sanctuary; the God of Israel—he is the one who gives power and strength to his people. Blessed be God!"
  • Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
  • Psalm 84:5 "Blessed are those whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion."
  • Psalm 96:6 "Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and beauty are in his sanctuary."
  • Psalm 105:4 "Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!"
  • 1 Peter 5:10 "And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you."
  • Revelation 21:5-7 "And He who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also He said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son."

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks Anna! I needed that. Mattie Leigh has been doing a little better with sleeping. As long as her stomach isn't bothering her, she sleeps pretty well on her new mattress. I'm glad that the doctor is trying to get Abby's meds adjusted.

Pin This!