Thursday, July 31, 2008

Aha!


I had one of those "aha" moments the other day eating lunch by myself. I bowed my head to pray and thanked God for my food asking Him to bless it to the nourishment of my body. That's when it hit me... for the next 4 months, I should pray to bless the food I eat for the nourishment of our bodies. I'm praying for two!

Some days, being "pregnant" just seems like a new label with lots of less than pleasant symptoms. Other days, it hits me- I am carrying a tiny person with a soul in my womb that was created in the very image of God. It's hard to comprehend the miracle of life that I am experiencing first-hand.

I guess this was one of those simple moments where God's glory and goodness just seemed a little clearer, and I couldn't help but smile.

No comments:

Pin This!