Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oh How He Loves Us

Have you ever had an off day where you just felt unloved and unloveable? Well, that was my day today. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that I was running off so little sleep wide open on a busy day. It was just one of those days where EVERYTHING seemed to go wrong that I touched. You know what I am talking about. My hair was bad. My house was dirty. My kid was fussy. Just one of those days.

Tonight, as I wrapped up a few things online, I saw a contest on Devacurl for 50 lucky curls from 50 states, so I submitted my email address just for a shot. Can you believe I got an email back saying that I had been selected from MS for a Devastylist to come cut my hair?!!!

At that moment, I heard God whisper... See I can provide for your wants with even impossible odds against them. This may seem like a shallow thing to be humbled by, but this is what you don't know.

I have secretly really, really wanted a Devacut, but there aren't stylists anywhere near me. It would be an overnight trip to do it, and with saving up for Bryan's seminary tuition, it just wasn't going to happen.

Out of the blue, a Devastylist is traveling to Gautier, MS to cut my hair!??? Coincidence. No. That was a love letter from God to remind me how closely He knows even the stupid, selfish desires of my heart that not even my closest friends know. That's how intimately He cares for me... and you. (If that doesn't make you tear up, something is wrong with you. He loves you that much too.)

No comments:

Pin This!