Here are a few health updates for those who have been praying for me:
- I haven't had any more crazy stroke-like episodes so far. We are cutting back life stressors as much as we can to slow down a little.
- I'm seeing Dr. Evans September 19th to try to follow-up with a neurology clinic and see where we go from here. That was the soonest I could be worked in with a referral.
- My test for Factor V Leiden came back negative. That means we don't have any answers for why I have miscarried in the past, but we at least know I don't have this blood disorder.
- I'm super nauseated and sick with reflux every day, but I have found out that there is a possible connection between dairy and something else (still trying to figure it out) that makes me have worse nights. Let's just say I have tried every reflux trick out there and nothing is completely correcting it. It's hard to think about spending the next 7 months hugging the toilet, but I don't regret it for Abby. I'm sure I won't regret it with this baby either.
- I'm scheduled to see Abby's allergy doctor September 19 as well to see if maybe I have pregnancy induced lactose and gluten intolerance. I read a few articles about it and the symptoms do seem to match mine. Who knows??? Until then, I'm trying to be careful with my diet and eat as blandly as possible in small spread out meals.
As for the church plant, here are a few updates:
- We are now receiving financial support from Mosaic Church in Ocean Springs and Ridglea Heights in Escatawpa (as well as those who are part of the church plant). That has enabled our family to start receiving some financial support from Church @ The Square. Perfect timing! It's not quite a full salary yet, but it has been a big stress relief for us to be able to cut back in our "tent-making skills" to focus more on the church.
- Because of my health scare a couple of weeks ago and a few other factors, Bryan decided to slow down with his school schedule this semester to spend more time investing in Church @ The Square and being home right now. It means he won't graduate in December, but he will still graduate soon.
- Church@ The Square was able to move into the BSU building last month, and that has been a HUGE blessing. We had outgrown our home, and it is great having more space. Now, we are making some changes we need order to prepare for more families in the future.
Ways you can pray for us right now:
- God would continue to keep me and our baby safe during this pregnancy.
- God would continue to provide for our family financially through Church@The Square, so we can focus on our ministry here in Gautier more.
- This terrible nausea and reflux would pass quickly.
- God would send leaders to help Church@The Square reach out in Gautier more effectively.
- God would prepare the hearts of the unchurched people here in Gautier to receive Jesus and become part of our church body.
- Bryan would have wisdom and creativity in leading Church@The Square well.
I'm sure there are other ways that I am missing. Here are some ideas for those of you who like lists. Thank you for partnering with us to reach the unchurched in Gautier and along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Jesus is worth our sacrifices.