Saturday, February 26, 2011

Time of Healing

This weekend Bryan and I are at a DNow and have been so encouraged. Abby is spending the weekend with the Cirlot's and is getting lots of grandparent time, and we are getting to see God work in the lives of students and adults here in Bolton, MS. God is so faithful.

Don't get me wrong. We have more healing to go, but we can feel your prayers. We have been so surrounded by the peace of Christ, and God is filling our hearts with joy over the anticipation of what's to come. Crazy enough, I am even finding joy from being found worthy to suffer for His name. It doesn't really make sense I know, but something about going through the fire these past few weeks has made me love Jesus even more.

Through this experience, God purged me from the idol of security. I know it is a good thing to be wise and to be prepared for the future, but for me, it had become a demigod. I hadn't even realized it until now. Jesus is worth everything. For the Gospel to reach the lost in Gautier, it is more important than my house, my dreams, and my financial security. It is worth everything.

Tonight, with a thankful heart, I am grateful that God has walked us through the valley, because in the end I have found, Jesus really is enough again. Now that we have lost everything that once seemed important, I'm not afraid anymore. I'm finally free.

Peter began to say to him, “See, we have left everything and followed you.”
Jesus said, “Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”
-Mark 10:28-31 (ESV)

- Posted by Anna using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Pin This!