Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In the Valley



I'm delicate.  I'm not your super tough Corelle platter.  I am fragile and easily chipped.  God made me this way.  I am learning to trust Him in His design.  Though I wish I was tough (and try to act like it occasionally), I'm not.

God is so faithful to me.  Every time... every single time... He has led me through a valley that required me to walk where I was afraid or timid to go He has reassured me.   He has surrounded me with comfort, peace, and reassurance that it is indeed His voice that I am following- not my own.

Right now, Bryan and I are walking through the darkest valley of our life, and it has been so refreshing to know that once again, God is here too.  We are not alone.  We have been surrounded by the comfort from many in the body of Christ that live near and far.  We have seen God provide manna from heaven when our own resources have been insufficient.  We have been given the peace of Christ that cushions us from the harsh realities of life, so that we can walk boldly and not cower as we face evil.

I love this song that was written using an old Puritan prayer.  Listen and may you be encouraged and strengthened.  Jesus is our glorious treasure.  This is my prayer.

No comments:

Pin This!