For the past two weeks, our church has been reading 10 chapters a day in the New Testament. By the end of this month, we'll have read it in its entirety- pretty cool. That's our way of celebrating the Bible and Reformation Day, October 31st.
Some things I have noticed from keeping up with our reading assignments:
- It started off really slow and difficult. The first 5 days were the toughest, but now, I am really enjoying my time in God's Word... not that I don't usually read but the quantity has definitely been greater.
- My mind really is being transformed according to the Word- it is living and active.
- I have been a better wife & mom because of the Word's effect on me.
- Joy has been pouring out of my soul like a fountain- you know the way it does when all you can do is sing one song after another like you're living in a musical.
- I am listening to God again... more often... more clearly.
- I am really burdened for our church and for how "different" things are in the present from what things were like in the early church when they were doing things correctly. We need to be more Jesus-saturated.
- Self- I am more aware of when I am getting in the way and how I need to be less and He needs to be more.