Saturday, December 13, 2008

Abby has arrived!


Introducing Abigail Bryanna Cirlot 3 days old enjoying her papasan swing at home. =c)


Since I am sure everyone is wondering why our induction date changed from Thursday to Tuesday, I thought I would give a quick update and explanation. Monday, around lunch time, I became disoriented and out of it, so Bryan took me to the ER to get me checked out. By the time we arrived at the ER, I was starting to be able to think more clearly, but something was obviously off. They admitted me to L&D, and my doctor decided that my body was just not handling the stress of being pregnant well anymore. I was already having strong contractions 3 minutes apart (which had been happening off and on for the past month), so they decided to keep me overnight and to stimulate my labor the next morning. Since I was unable to dilate past 2 cm on my own, they hooked me up to an IV the next morning and gave me drugs to help my body do everything it was supposed to do on its own. The doctor broke my water at 9:30 am, and I was in labor until 5:57 p.m. (not the predicted 1 p.m. estimate). My labor was long but fairly uneventful, so we are thankful! Abby was born weighing 7 lb 11 oz and was 21 inches long (no wonder why she hurt my ribs every night). She had an APGAR score of 9 the first time and 10 the second time. Praise God! We're both doing well and glad to be at home again. Thanks for the prayers!

No comments:

Pin This!