Sunday, October 19, 2008

Little Scare


I had woken up yesterday morning a little concerned because Abby wasn't moving, but in the business of the morning and early afternoon, I decided not to worry until I had time to do my kick count later during the day. For all of you who do not know what a kick count is, I am supposed to rest for 30 minutes each day and make sure I feel Abby move at least 6 times during that period of time. Since I have a very active and feisty little girl, I have never had a problem... she usually kicks 20 times within 5 minutes while I am going about my usual routine. So, when I didn't feel her move much at all during the day or after laying down for an hour, I began to get concerned. I ate a piece of pound cake and drank a glass of water then laid down for another hour. Since she only kicked four times, I ate a sandwich and laid down for another hour and only counted her 6 times. I called my doctor, and he wanted me to try to eat something sweet again as a last resort before going to the ER. I ate an apple dipped in caramel and only counted her 5 times within 30 minutes... not the 6 times that would have saved us an ER trip. Bryan and I went to the ER where I had a non-stress test and a cervical exam (definitely not fun). Thankfully, Abby was completely fine... she was just not as active as normal. I was surprised to find out that I am already dilated 1 cm. Dr. Sams is going to follow-up with me this Thursday to repeat the non-stress test to just make sure everything is still ok and to monitor my dilation. I have to say- last night was stressful. Praise God that everything turned out well.

No comments:

Pin This!