Wednesday, September 3, 2008

5 Things I Am Thankful For


I can't believe it is already 2 weeks since I blogged last. So much to update! We closed on our house last Thursday. Thanks to the hard work of family, friends, and church members, we were completely moved out of the apartment by Friday afternoon. Friday and Saturday, Bryan and his dad moved the washer/dryer hookups into our master closet (where I wanted them to free up more kitchen pantry space) and had them running by Saturday afternoon. Very impressive! Saturday, Bryan's mom and grandmother helped me clean out the apartment and get it ready for the walk through this week. Because of Hurricane Gustav and the fact that our neighborhood had flooded before in Katrina, we packed up again after church Sunday and headed to Bryan's parents to ride out the storm. When Gustav weakened early Monday night, Bryan and I headed back to our new house and discovered that everything was fine. We didn't even lose power during the storm... such a blessing! We are finally starting to unpack and get things organized. I absolutely love being in our new house! I am so thankful for this amazing gift that God has given us. He has provided for us during this move in so many ways. Five things that I am thankful for during this whole process of looking for and buying a home...

1) God's peace, providence, and presence- We have had a lot of disappointments during this process of finding a home but God has sustained us, strengthened us, and taught us through these experiences. God provided the perfect home for us in His time to the glory of His good name and grace.

2) Bryan- He is the perfect example of a Godly husband, and I know I can trust the decisions he makes for our family as he walks so faithfully with God. He is a good provider for our family's needs. Can I just say there are not too many men out there who are so willing to pack up for the move then work hard unpacking afterwards too?

3) Family- We could not have possibly undertaken this move since I am more than 6 months pregnant without all of the help have received. We are so thankful for family support and love!

4) Cambridge- Our church has been so supportive and loving towards us during our move. So many people helped us to prepare for the move and then toughed out the hot weather Friday to help us get out of our apartment by our deadline. We are so appreciative!

5) A New Future- Bryan and I are so excited about our future in this new home. We have a wonderful place to bring our newborn baby girl to this December. We have a safe neighborhood where I can feel comfortable being by myself again at home. We have a bigger house to host our out-of-town friends when they come to visit us on the Coast. God has been very, very good to us!

No comments:

Pin This!