Friday, December 11, 2009

God's Sense of Humor

After much deliberation and hesitation, we finally decided to return Gracie to the rescue. Since her aggressive behavior towards guests and neighbors was becoming increasingly problematic, we decided the best thing for her and us was to make sure she had a shot at being adopted by a family that was less busy than ours. Thus, she'll make her debut tomorrow at Petsmart's adoption fair. Best wishes to Gracie!

This morning in my quiet time I was really sad about having to return Gracie. I know it sounds silly, but I had gotten attached to her and felt guilty about giving her up. It just seemed like the logical thing to do. I prayed that God would help us find the right dog for our family, since Gracie was apparently not the one. Later that afternoon, I decided to do a pet search on craigslist and noticed that someone had just posted an ad for a miniature schnauzer. I emailed the lady and found out the dog is one my dad's clients.

We met the little dog tonight and liked him so much that we decided to adopt him. Since the lady knew my dad and thought we were a nice family, she dropped the rehoming fee and sent our new pet home with a couple of outfits, a pet bed, toys, food bowls, leash, and pet snacks. What a blessing to not have to pay for a housebroken pet or any of his supplies!

What sold us on the dog?

Guess what his name is...

Piper.

It was predestined.




***For those of you who missed the punch line, Dr. John Piper is Bryan's favorite pastor.

Pin This!