Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We Have a Winner!


After cloth diapering Miss Abby for about 2 weeks with the BumGenius organic snaps diaper and for 1 week with the BumGenius 3.0., I've finally decided. Cloth diapering is much easier and much more realistic than I thought it would be. They actually work better than the expensive brand of disposables we have been using, and they are much easier on her delicate tush. Who would've guessed?

Not me.

Hands down, I like the convenience of the BumGenius organic all-in-one snaps diaper. It's nice not having to stuff a pocket diaper. I definitely think the snaps will hold up better in the long run compared to the velcro tabs of the BumGenius 3.0. With the BumGenius organic snaps, it still looks and smells brand new following the care instructions. I didn't feel the same way with the BumGenius 3.0- the velcro is already starting to pill a little bit and the microfiber insert is starting to look very used. Not good. The only downsides for the Bumgenius organic snaps are the additional expense per dipe and the dryer time. It takes 2 dryer cycles to dry the diaper completely or 1 dryer cycle and hanging overnight.

Overall, I think cloth diapering could save us a decent amount of money in the long run. I have to admit- Abby sure looks cute with a colorful diaper. The best part- more cash in our pockets & less diaper rashes on her sweet pancakes.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That's really good to know. I definitely think we'll be using those in the future. FYI -- store bought wipes can also cause diaper rash. I started making homemade ones for Mattie Leigh. The recipe is half a paper towell roll (we use bounty basics), 2 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of baby wash, and 1 tablespoon of baby oil. I usually double it and use use the whole roll at one time. Mattie Leigh's rashes have been few and far between since we started making our own wipes.

Pin This!