Monday, August 11, 2008

Foiled Attempt to Escape




I have a funny Peeperz story to tell you. Peeperz, our busy little cockatoo, normally delights in calling to us each morning as soon as he hears we are up. The other morning it was unusual not to hear him while we were getting ready for the day upstairs. When Bryan came downstairs to uncover him, he was greeted with a surprise. Peeperz had somehow managed to open his cage door just enough to crawl out and sit on top of the door. However, the weight of his cage cover and the fact that he basically has no night vision whatsoever caused him to get confused and stuck. Apparently, for the whole night, Peeperz battled the cage cover for freedom and finally gave up and fell asleep with his head resting against the cage bars... which is exactly how Bryan found him when he was uncovered. Our poor pampered pet has a bruised left eye to show for his battle. The thing that Bryan and I laughed about the most was that Peeperz never cried out for help (also unusual for him). It just proves he knew he was NOT supposed to be out of the cage by himself late at night and that he knew he was doing wrong.

God teaches me a lot of lessons about myself through things Peeperz does. I can only imagine how much I will learn being a parent. I have to admit. Sometimes, I am just like Peeperz. I do something that I know I am not supposed to do, and when I get caught up in the consequences of my actions, I make a bigger mess trying to fix things myself. I'm so glad God is good, patient, and long suffering with me. It helps me to exercise a little more grace with Peeperz.

No comments:

Pin This!